Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Aquarium

Hey guys, welcome to my new blog. A couple of you know I've recently started a new fish tank and were curious how some of the technical stuff worked so I decided to do this. Don't judge me.. I like fish a bit too much.

So lets just dive right in shall we? Deary me I'm witty. So here's the new tank. It's a 44 gallon corner tank which makes it pretty much the most uniquely shaped tank I've owned. Most of you are probably familiar with a long rectangular box for a fish tank. Not a tall pentagon. As you'll see later down the road this will have certain disadvantages and challenges but over all I'm pleased. The tank isn't small but its by no means large. It's the perfect little size to fit in the corner of my living room and be out of the way but still be visible to anyone who comes over.

The tank was a good deal- I found it on craigslist for 200 dollars used. The man before me had it in good condition and it also came with some filters and a light although I've decided not to use any of them. I tried to talk the bastard down but he wouldn't budge. Oh well.

But yeah, that's really the basics. I've decided to make this a saltwater tank. I've done many tanks in the past having a mix of both fresh and saltwater but in general saltwater is considered more challenging and rewarding. You'll see in the upcoming posts why. Thanks for checking out my silly blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment